Knapp House offers more than just a place to sleep. We pride ourselves in providing a program of recovery that has proven to work for a wide-range of individuals. Here are some things that set us apart:
- Counseling- Certified drug & alcohol counselors available to each house member.
- Positive Peer Support- Our requirements for members leave us only with the most devoted to achieving lasting sobriety.
- Resources- Jobs, Community Programs, Medical & Dental and other resources to support your success in your new life of recovery.
- Clean Living Environments- Our houses are nice, desirable places to live.
- Rules & Policies- These set a standard for our members to make sure we don’t live stagnant lives, and keep the momentum moving forward!
- Weekly House Meetings- Covering topics relating to recovery and house matters.
The Importance of Sober Living
Sober living houses are a great way to bridge the gap from in-patient residential care to the unrestricted environments of the outside world from which they came from. Without the ability to learn how to re-enter the community in their new found life of sobriety, people tend to go back to what they were doing before. There is a learning curve, that if you fail, could mean death for some who suffer from the disease of addiction.
The Practical Reasons for Sober Living Houses
Long stays at inpatient facilities aren’t cheap. Most of the people who come to us looking for sober housing don’t have the cash to check themselves in to treatment for 6 months to a year; and that’s not the point of treatment to begin with.
Sober living houses are a great supplement to recovery. They don’t take the place of an inpatient treatment center or a detox center, but they are vital to the transition process from rehab facilities back to the patients everyday life.
What you should Expect
Making the decision to come to a sober living house can be a difficult one. It can be frightening or sound boring. This is different for every person, but the whole purpose of the program that Knapp House provides is to better the lives of each and every member.
If you don’t want a better life for yourself, then Knapp House might not be the best fit for you. If you are ready to join a group of men or women who are serious about obtaining lasting sobriety, then give us a call. We look forward to helping you change your life for the better!
What we expect
There is still work to be done! Moving in to a sober living house isn’t the last step. In fact, it’s just a stepping stone for you to re-enter the world as a better person. We expect to see you working hard to achieve lasting sobriety on your own. We will provide peer support, counseling, and put you in touch with a lot of resources to help you succeed, but it’s up to you whether or not you will stay sober!